How To Sleep Well On a Hot Summer Night
It's the middle of the summer and the heat is alive. It is hot. Too hot!
We love good weather and spending days on the beach, in beer gardens and at BBQs in the evenings. But those hot nights we sometimes get during the summer can make sleeping, staying cool in bed and relaxing very tricky...
You're tossing and turning in bed, trying to find a way to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. Having the windows open to let in some fresh summer night air might help a bit, but it won't help much when it's 30 degrees outside.
Photo by Jorge Vasconez on Unsplash
Why Heat Can Disrupt & Make It Harder For You To Fall Asleep
We all know that feeling of trying to sleep, but everything is just too hot. Even if you're feeling sleepy, the hot weather makes your body temperature feel like 100 degrees. You turn your pillow around every 2 minutes, hoping the other side will be cooler. You can't really do anything about the fact that we might be in the middle of a heatwave, but there are some things you can do to ensure that you get a good sleep during a hot night.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, our bodies are naturally programmed to sleep when it's dark and cold, because a drop in our core body temperature is a signal for our bodies to prepare for sleep. However, during the summer months, the days get longer and the nights get hotter. And this can actually mess with our natural sleep cycles.
So, how do you ensure you don't have a body temperature of 100 degrees? What is the solution? Three simple words... Organic Cotton Pyjamas!
Photo by They CallMe ZEUS on Unsplash
Sleepwear For Men That Will Help You Sleep During Hot Nights
As mentioned above, cotton sleepwear, especially pyjama shorts, are great to wear to bed on a hot night. But why? Below we have listed the four main reasons why you definitely should consider getting some organic cotton sleepwear for men from Drift Sleepwear!
Due to the fact that they are made from a natural fiber, that is organic cotton, they are super soft. Much softer than most synthetic materials!
Apart from being very soft, organic cotton has also proven to be much more breathable than other materials used for sleepwear and pyjamas (such as polyester and nylon).
Because of that, organic and breathable cotton sleepwear can help reduce heat and sweating by allowing a better airflow around the body, which prevents sweat and moisture from building on warm summer nights.
So, if you want super soft and breathable sleepwear, we would definitely recommend pyjamas and sleepwear made of organic cotton!
Panama Pyjama Shorts for Men From Drift Sleepwear UK
Not only are the sleepwear from Drift Sleepwear made with soft and breathable material, but are also made from a material that is grown in an organic and responsible way. Which means they are free from harmful chemicals and pesticides!
This makes them a safe and healthy option for your skin, your health as well as the environment!
Could it get any better I hear you saying? Yes! In addition to being made of organic cotton, the pyjamas and sleepwear from Drift Sleepwear are also designed to keep you cool and comfortable all night long. They're lightweight and loose-fitting, so you won't have to worry about feeling too hot or uncomfortable.
Kalahari Night Pyjama Shorts for Men From Drift Sleepwear
So, if you're looking for the perfect pair of pyjamas to help you sleep during hot summer nights, look no further than our collection of organic cotton pyjamas for men. We would especially like to recommend the pyjama shorts for men!
Some Other Advice...
So, based on the fact we now have presented, we hope that it is clear that a pair of organic cotton pyjama shorts for men is a great investment. Especially if you wan tot make sure you get a good night's sleep in the middle of the simmer!
But apart from getting yourself some new pyjamas from Drift Sleepwear, there are some other things you can do to sleep better during a hot summer night and to keep a cool temperature in your bedroom...
- Air conditioning is probably your best friend during a heatwave and hot weather. But remember not to have it freezing cold, as you will probably end up giving yourself a cold! According to scientists and sleep experts, the ideal temperature for a bedroom should be around 18°C. This temperature allows you to lose any extra body heat throughout the night, which is essential for good sleep.
Photo by Dewi Karuniasih on Unsplash
- Have a bottle of cold water with some ice cubes in it next to your bed, so if you wake up in the middle of the night and need to cool down, you have a drink ready and nearby.
- To get a better night's sleep during the summer, use bedding made from natural fibers such as cotton or linen. Always try to avoid synthetic materials like polyester, because it traps the heat and don't allow your body to breath.
- Why not try the opposite to a hot water bottle in bed? But an ice pack under the duvet, but make sure it's not in direct contact with your body and skin.
- Keep the windows open to let some fresh air in to your bedroom. Unless you have the air conditioning on. Then you should keep the windows closed to keep the cool air in, and the hot air out.
- Invest in a good fan! Sometimes hot days can feel less hot if there is a slight breeze. So, why not get yourself a fan. That way you will always have a breeze coming through!
Photo by Delaney Van on Unsplash
But at the end of the day. We believe a good night sleep always starts with good sleepwear. So, if you want a good night's sleep all year round. Get yourself some organic cotton sleepwear for men from Drift Sleepwear!
Fancy some more reading? Then why not head over to our blog, which is filled with articles about sleepwear for men, sleep and much more!
Thank you for reading!
Leave a comment